- Sets up, stocks and organizes all work stations at the beginning of the day.
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate and supervises the cooking of all food itmes to ensure proper delivery of service.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, mixer and other tools or utensils.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Prepares grilled, baked and fried items using recipes. Uses pan, stock pots, grill, stove, ovens and fryers.
- Cleans and sanitizes line station and equipment during the day and at the end of the day.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation using FIFO Method.
- Handles multiple priorities, and works well under stress
- Correctly set up, operates, breaks down and cleans all station equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen are.
- Comprehends all production sheets and tools as they pertain to the line department and can use them in daily operations as well as training situations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For the past several years, the original location of Little Donkey Mexican Restaurant in the lovely neighborhood of Homewood, AL has been an oasis offering fantastic food and gracious service in a lively location. Little Donkey has grown to include a location just outside of Birmingham, on Highway 280 in the Greystone neighborhood and a Montgomery, AL outpost. Our dining rooms are bustling with energy and our bright and breezy patios offer outdoor dining options. Each day fresh salsas are made, meats are stewed and smoked, seasonal vegetables cared for and cooked to be served with our tortillas that are made from scratch throughout the day. That means that we make flour tortilla dough and soak and grind corn for masa that we form into tortillas by hand and cook on the hot comal (iron pan) in our kitchen. The bar features a robust craft cocktail menu as well as classics where we feature local beer, wine, cold, bottled Topo Chico, soft drinks and house-made horchata and Jamaica (hibiscus)—something for everyone!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)