- Maintains the dish washing station.
- Organizes and places items in trays for washing machine.
- Operates washing machine and dries items before returning them to their proper storage location.
- Washes items by hand that will not fit in machine or not intended for automatic wash before drying and returning items to their proper location.
- Helps other employees as needed to ensure thee restaurant meets guest volume and completes assigned side duties.
- Understands and follows safety and sanitation practices and works with clean and sanitized tools.
- Performs duties that require standing, fast movement throughout the kitchen area.
- Performs side duties including cleaning vents, scrubbing trash cans, cleaning gum from underneath the tables, detailed cleaning of chairs, ice bins, restrooms, replacing light bulbs, cleaning floors, emptying trash and taking trash to the dumpster.
- Reports to work on time.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- A professional appearanceand professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For the past several years, the original location of Little Donkey Mexican Restaurant in the lovely neighborhood of Homewood, AL has been an oasis offering fantastic food and gracious service in a lively location. Little Donkey has grown to include a location just outside of Birmingham, on Highway 280 in the Greystone neighborhood and a Montgomery, AL outpost. Our dining rooms are bustling with energy and our bright and breezy patios offer outdoor dining options. Each day fresh salsas are made, meats are stewed and smoked, seasonal vegetables cared for and cooked to be served with our tortillas that are made from scratch throughout the day. That means that we make flour tortilla dough and soak and grind corn for masa that we form into tortillas by hand and cook on the hot comal (iron pan) in our kitchen. The bar features a robust craft cocktail menu as well as classics where we feature local beer, wine, cold, bottled Topo Chico, soft drinks and house-made horchata and Jamaica (hibiscus)—something for everyone!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)